Tertiary Student Gym & Swim memberships are designed for full-time tertiary students. Research shows that dedicating a minimum of 2.5 contact hours per week to your health and well being will help you cope with stress and improve your productivity while studying.
Please note: During this COVID-19 period we do not accept walk ins for new membership sign ups or enquiries. We prefer pre-arranged appointments to ensure we abide by State Government regulations including contact tracing and social distancing. To make an appointment please call us on (08) 8198 0198 or use the orange enquiry form on this page.
Tertiary Student Memberships are just $16 per week with a $0 joining fee and no lock-in contract. All you need to join is a valid full-time South Australian Government approved tertiary student ID card.
Facilities and classes
With this membership you'll enjoy access to:
- Fully equipped gym
- Group fitness classes - including Les Mills programs, yoga, Pilates and aquatic classes. Bookings are essential. Please visit the Group Fitness Timetable page for times and to book
- Lap Swimming in the 50 metre and 25 metre pools. Bookings are essential. Check the Lap Swimming page for times and to book
- Rehab and Hydro Pool - Lap Swimming or Rehabilitation Swimming. Bookings are essential. Check the Rehab and Hydro Swimming page for times and to book
- Access to FitDesk online program, fitness tracking, support and points award system, awarding you prizes in club
- Personal Plan including a full induction process and access to ongoing tailored programming with our qualified trainers. A parent or guardian must be in attendance for participants under 18.
One of the many benefits to becoming a Gym & Swim Member at SA Aquatic & Leisure Centre is a FREE Personal Program and regular one-on-one reassessments to review your progress. Your one-on-one reassessments are unlimited for the entire duration of your membership. Your Personal Program includes:
- One-on-one consultation and goals session with a qualified trainer to discuss your fitness journey goals and milestones.
- Full fitness program tailored to your fitness goals
- Access to GreeneDesk, our online Fitness Rewards program
- Measurement of your current health and fitness levels to benchmark your improvements during one-on-one reassessments.
You can book your Personal Program appointments in person at the gym or at reception. Please bring along your parent or guardian to your first session if you are under 18 years of age.
Seminars, events and online health & fitness platform
- Virtual Y
- Member Events
- Breakfast Seminars
- Member discount on Personal Training
How to Join
During this COVID-19 period we do not accept walk ins for new membership sign-ups or enquiries. We prefer pre-arranged appointments to ensure we abide by State Government regulations including contact tracing and social distancing. To make an appointment please call us on (08) 8198 0198 or by filling out an enquiry form on our membership pages below:
We'll work with you to meet your health and fitness needs, ask you about personal goals and help you create a fitness program that keeps you motivated.
Paying Membership Fees
Pay fortnightly, by direct debit
Memberships are paid fortnightly by direct debit. You can pay from any of your accounts that allow direct debit, including a credit card account (Visa or MasterCard only).
Debits are made every second Thursday (or the following business day if it's a public holiday).Please ensure you have the direct debit funds in your account by 12pm (ACST) the day before the direct debit. It may take a few days for the debit to show on your account.
Your obligations with direct debit
You must ensure that you:
- have enough money in your account on the direct debit date, and up to 5 days after
- make any changes to your direct debit details at least 72 hours before a payment is due
- for suspensions and cancellations, please refer to "Suspending and Cancelling Memberships" below
If your direct debit fails we will:
- notify you by SMS, email or post - so make sure you keep your contact details up to date
- charge a $15 administration fee
- ask you to pay the outstanding amount at your next visit to the centre, or add it to your next direct debt.
Rejected amounts are automatically added to your next direct debit on a first occasion. Rejections following an initial unresolved rejection will result in being denied membership access with payment required at reception before membership entry is reinstated.
We will continue to debit your account for any amounts outstanding, after making reasonable efforts to contact you.
Loss of membership card or wristband
If a member loses their membership card or wristband they can buy a new card at the front desk for $8.00.
Suspending or Cancelling Memberships
Suspending your membership
You can suspend your membership for a minimum of two weeks, and up to 26 weeks. To do this you must:
- fill out an amendment form at the centre
- lodge the form at least three business days before the start of your suspension.
Suspending is up to 28 days free and then 0.71 cents per day.
To suspend your membership on medical grounds, you must provide a valid medical certificate covering the relevant dates. We cannot backdate a medical suspension beyond one month.
You will not pay any fees during a medical suspension.
Cancelling your membership
Cancelling a Periodical Gym & Swim Membership: You must give us 14 days' notice when filling out a cancellation form in centre. You must pay all outstanding fees before you can cancel. Credits on your account are not refundable.
Cancelling a Fixed Term Gym & Swim Membership: You must give us notice in writing when filling out a cancellation form in centre. You must pay all outstanding fees, plus your exit fee if you are cancelling prior to your contract end date before you can cancel. Credits on your account are not refundable.
We recommend you contact your bank to confirm the cancellation of direct debit membership payments.
Register your interest