Lap Swimming in shallow or deep water is available for individuals who wish to swim laps for fitness, or for training purposes.
For gentle activity (rehabilitation, walking, exercises) in shallow water with a wider lane please visit the Rehabilitation Lanes..
Online pre-booking is recommended, particularly during peak periods. Online pre-booking allows you to secure a swim.
Lap Swimming sessions comprise of a 45-minute swim, commencing on the hour, and allows time for you to make your way to the change rooms before the next session commences.
The stay length is flexible if there is enough availability in the next session and with bookings given priority use.
Please read our terms and conditions below before you make a booking.
How to book your pool visit
- Login to your online account using your email address and password
- Select 'Book'
- select "Group Fitness/Lap & Leisure Swimming"
- Use the filter to select your service of interest ie group fitness or lap swimming
- Please note - users with existing accounts that have accessed via the website timetable will be taken directly to the filtered service after log on.
- Select 'Book'
- Select "Book now"
- Accounts with multiple payment plans will be prompted which individual they wish to register.
- Make Payment (casuals only)
- Pay for a single session via credit/debit card, or use your multi-visit pass
- Enter your credit/debit card details.
- Make payment.
- You will receive an email confirming booking.
How to manage your Pool Visit booking (cancel booking)
- Use your email and password.
- Cancel booking
- Navigate to “My Bookings”
- Select "Cancel Booking"
Casuals/Multi-Visits: Cancellations made no later than 30-minutes before your booking will result in a credit being added to your online customer account.
Credits can be found by navigating to "shop" and then "my purchases".
Bookings cannot be cancelled after your booking or less than 30-minutes prior and are not allocated a credit.
Lap Swimming Conditions of Use
- Deep-water lap swimming bookings are a minimum depth of 3-metres. The patron is responsible for ensuring they are confident of their swimming ability in a deep-water environment.
Vulnerable and elderly people with chronic health conditions should speak to their doctor about what is appropriate for them. Please speak to a lifeguard before entering the water if:
- you are over the age of 55;
- you have a pre-exiting medical condition (including disability); or
- you are a inexperienced or non-swimmer.
Lanes are allocated to different speeds. Please use the correct lane appropriate for your swimming ability:
- Slow: Suitable for those that take longer than 71 second to complete a 50m lap or 40 seconds to complete a 25m lap
- Medium: suitable for those that can complete a 50m lap between 51 second and 70 seconds and a 25m lap between 26 and 40 seconds
- Fast: Suitable for those that can complete a 50m lap by 50 seconds or less and 25m lap by 25 seconds of less
- Please refer to the full conditions of entry for your visit to the SA Aquatic & Leisure Centre.
- Bookings and availability is available seven days in advance. Availability post three days is not reflective of true expected availability.
Cancellation Policy for casuals:
- Casuals/multi-visits: Cancellations made no later than 30-minutes before your booking will result in a credit being added to your online customer account.
- Credits can be found by navigating to 'Shop' and then 'My purchases'.
- Bookings cannot be cancelled after your booking or less than 30-minutes prior and are not allocated a credit.