Lap Swimming is available in the 50 metre Matt Cowdrey Competition Pool and the 25 metre Water Polo Pool
For Rehab and Hydro Pool Bookings please click here
At the current time, online pre-bookings are essential for Lap Swimming.
Please be sure to abide by the following directions:
- Please follow all directions and instructions from SA Aquatic & Leisure Centre staff
- For contact tracing purposes, from 6 August, Members must use their membership card to access the Centre for a Lap Swim. Casual user must check-in at the Front Desk.
- Please wipe down equipment before and after every use. Anti-bacterial wipes are available throughout the Gym.
- Please follow the directional signage.
- Please keep a 1.5 metre distance between yourself and other patrons.
- Adhere to assigned entry and exit points
- Stay home if you have cold/flu-like symptoms (cough, fever and/or respiratory symptoms) and seek testing.
- Wash your hands often and cover coughs and sneezes.
- Download the COVIDSafe app.
- Shower with soap and water before your swim.
The below information is effective as of Thursday 6 August 2020:
Pre-bookings are essential for Lap Swimming. For activated members this will be included in membership and will not display a cost. Lap Swimming for casual users or suspended members is $9 per booking. Pre-bookings can be made anytime for the next available time frame. Your booking comprises of a one-hour session. There is no carry-over into the next session. Please read our terms and conditions before you make a booking.
Members must swipe their card or wristband at the gates and Gym doors for access. Casual users are required to first check-in at the Front Desk.
NO MEMBERSHIP CARD/ WRIST BAND = NO ACCESS
For contact tracing purposes and for traffic flow and social distancing purposes, Members must bring their membership card or wristband to their workout. Replacement cards and wristbands are available at the front desk for $8.
You may use the pools before or after your Gym workout or Group Fitness Class. However, pre-bookings are essential. Please shower prior to using the pools.
Lap swimming times:
- Monday to Friday – 6am to 8pm
- Saturday – 6am to 5pm
- Sunday – 7am to 5pm
What is available in your lap swim booking:
- Change rooms
- Lap swimming in either the 50 metre Competition Pool or the 25 metre Water Polo/Dive Pool.
The following are currently not available:
- Steam Room and Sauna Room
GYM & SWIM MEMBERSHIPS
Gym & Swim Memberships are returning soon. During this COVID-19 period we do not accept walk ins for new membership sign ups or enquiries. We prefer pre-arranged appointments to ensure we abide by State Government regulations including contact tracing and social distancing. To make an appointment please call us on (08) 8198 0198 or complete a form for the membership page you are interested in:
Gym & Swim (Standard Periodical or Fixed Term)
Tertiary Student Membership
High School Membership
AQUATIC MULTI-VISIT PASSES
20 Visit Multi Visit Swim Passes are available from the front desk for $120 concession. $150 adult
Terms and Conditions for Lap Swimming
Please read the following terms and conditions before you make a booking.
1. You are able to book in for the following under the following categories:
a. Active Member: For those that hold a valid active Gym & Swim membership at the SA Aquatic & Leisure Centre.
b. Multi-Visit Swim Pass: for individuals that have visits remaining on their active Multi-Visit swim pass to the SA Aquatic & Leisure Centre. Multi-Visit Swim Pass bookings with visits on their pass will have one visit, per booking deducted from their existing pass.
c. Casual Visitors & Suspended Members: for individuals who do not possess an active Gym & Swim Membership Card, a Swimming Lessons Membership Card or a Multi-Visit Swim Pass
2. Pre-bookings are required.
3. Refunds and cancellations are not available.
4. We recommend each individual books no more than one session per day to maximum of 3 bookings per week. This is to allow many people in our community to access the Centre.
5. Bookings open 48 hour prior to the session commencing and close one-hour prior.
6. No locker access is permitted, belongings are not to be left in change rooms. Please leave your valuable personal items at home.
7. Your booking is in a deep-water pool, which is minimum depth of 3 metres. Shallow pool space is only available for Rehab and Hydro Pool Bookings here.
a. The patron is responsible for ensuring they are confident of their swimming ability in a deep-water environment.
8. Patrons are to bring own water bottles. No other food or drink is permitted into the SA Aquatic & Leisure Centre
Social distancing, safety, health and hygiene
9. The patron is responsible for adhering to social distancing, health and hygiene guidelines:
a. Always keep a 1.5 metre distance between yourself and others. Lanes are shared. Please refer to the booking tool for maximum swimmers per lane.
b. Adhere to assigned entry and exit points
c. Shower before entering the pools
d. Stay home, do not attend your booked session and seek testing if you have the following symptoms:
ii. Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
iv. Unexplained loss of smell or altered sense of taste
v. Chills and body aches or muscle pain
vi. A sore throat
viii. Runny nose
e. Wash your hands often and cover coughs and sneezes
10. Swimmers can be accompanied by one carer who is not swimming. There is an allocated seating area on pool deck for caregivers. Under The South Australian Carers Recognition Act 2005 a carer is defined as the following:
(1) a person is a carer for the purposes of this Act if he or she is a natural person who provides ongoing care or assistance to—
(a) a person who has a disability within the meaning of the Disability Inclusion Act 2018; or
(b) a person who has a chronic illness, including a mental illness within the meaning of the Mental Health Act 1993; or
(c) a person who, because of frailty, requires assistance with the carrying out of everyday tasks; or
(d) a person of a class prescribed by regulation.
11. As per the SA Aquatic & Leisure Centre’s Supervision Policy. Children under the age of 10 must be supervised by a parent or guardian. Swimmers under 10 years of age can be accompanied by one parent who is not swimming. There is an allocated seating area on pool deck for supervising parents/guardian. Please note that for children 10 years and older who are competent swimmers in 3 metre deep water, a parent is not required to be present in the Centre.
12.The patron must adhere to the standard Conditions of Entry to the SA Aquatic & Leisure Centre (view them here)
13. Vulnerable and elderly people with chronic health conditions should speak to their doctor about what is appropriate for them
Lap Swimming Procedures
14. The one-hour booking consists of one hour in the facility, commencing on the hour. Lifeguards will provide instructions when it is time to exit the pool, prepare to exit the Centre and collect your belongings. Patrons must depart the centre prior to the next hour commencing.
15. Late arrivals must swim within their booking hour and cannot carry over into the next hour.
Failure to comply with the above terms and conditions of entry may result in restrictions for further bookings.
Book your lap swim
To book your session please use the following booking tool.
From Thursday 6 August, Lap Swimming bookings for activated members will be included in membership and will not display a cost. This will be available on the Lap Swimming booking tool from the evening of Monday 3 August 2020.
Watch Around Water Policy Information
At YMCA Victoria we are a Watch Around Water endorsed aquatic safety organisation. The following information is the new watch around water policy launched in centre from 1 September 2019.
Watch Around Water is a set of industry guidelines outlining the minimum supervision requirements of young children at all affiliated aquatic venues.
Children under 5 years oldAll Children MUST be accompanied into the Centre by a person over the age of 18 and supervised within arms’ reach, at all times in the water.
All children MUST wear a pink wristband supplied by YMCA staff to help identify their age while swimming.
Children will not be admitted without a full fee paying parent/guardian who must also be in the water at all times. Groups will not be admitted entry where the number of parents/guardians supervising a group of children under 5 years exceeds the ratio of 1:2 (effective September 1 2019).
Children under 10 years oldAll Children under the age of 10 MUST be accompanied into the Centre by a person over the age of 18. All children MUST be actively supervised by an adult over the age of 18 at all times. The adult must have a clear and active view of the child with no physical or structural barriers between them (this includes tech and devices).
All children MUST wear a yellow wristband supplied by YMCA staff to help identify their age while swimming. Groups will not be admitted entry where the number of parents/guardians supervising a group of children under 10 years exceeds the ratio of 1:4.
Birthday PartiesAll children under the age of 10 MUST be accompanied into the Centre by a person over the age of 18 and handed over to the supervision of the birthday party leader (staff member).
All birthday party participants must wear a BLUE wristband AND an age based wristband (pink or yellow) to identify their participation in a party (effective September 1 2019). The adult guardian of the birthday party child MUST remain accessible and actively supervise the group at all times.
At the conclusion of the birthday party the child/children will remain in the supervision of the birthday party leader and supervising parent until physically handed over to their supervising parent/guardian.
Visit the watch around water websiteFor more information visit the Watch Around Water website: http://www.watcharoundwater.org.au