Due to restrictions, the Steam Room and Sauna is currently closed until further notice. We aim to have this open as soon as is suitable to do so. Please stand by on this page for relaunch.
There is one Steam Room and one Sauna at the SA Aquatic & Leisure Centre.
At the current time Steam Room or Sauna access is available to casual visitors, Gym & Swim Members and Multi-Visit Swim Pass Holders. Bookings are not required.
Casual visits are available at the front desk for $9.40 (adult) or $7.70 (concession). If a pool booking has already been made online then casuals may use the steam room and sauna after or before their pool booking. There is a maximum of eight people in either room. Please do not enter if there is eight or more people in either the Steam Room or Sauna.
Usage of the sauna/steam room is restricted to persons age 16 & over. Please ensure you take a break after 20 minutes in the Steam Room or Sauna. Full conditions of use for the the steam room and sauna is available below and at the Centre as you enter these rooms.
Steam and Sauna Conditions of Entry
Patrons are required to COVID-SAfe Check-in to the Centre by using the free mySA Gov App for South Australian Government contact tracing purposes under the Public Activities Direction.
If you do not have a compatible smartphone, a paper record will be available for you to provide your details. Patrons are required to have the confirmation green tick ready to show staff after they have scanned the Centre's QR Code. If you choose not to provide your details, you may be refused entry.
STEAM ROOM & SAUNA CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
HEALTH, HYGIENE & ROOM DENSITY
- Stay home if you have symptoms of COVID-19 and seek testing
- The Steam Room or Sauna has a maximum capacity of EIGHT people per room. Please do not enter if there is eight or more people in the room.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with your elbow (not your hands)
- Wash/sanitise your hands regularly
- Please observe 1.5m physical distancing at all times
- Shower before entering the pool after using the sauna/steam room
- The use of a towel is required at all times
- For your safety, please follow the instructions from Centre Staff at all times
- All persons use the sauna/steam room at their own risk
- Please ensure you take a break after 20 minutes in the Steam Room or Sauna
- Drink enough water to stay hydrated
- Usage of the sauna/steam room is restricted to persons age 16 & over
- The following individuals should not use the sauna/steam room:
- pregnant women
- persons with heart conditions or ailments
- persons under the influence of alcohol, drugs or medication
- persons with any condition that could predispose them to further aggravation of their pre-existing condition or injury
PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES AND ITEMS
- Use of any oils or creams is prohibited
- Shaving of any hair is not permitted
- Any form of exercise is prohibited in the sauna/steam room
- The use of cameras, video recorders & smart phones is prohibited
- Please be considerate of other patrons using the sauna/steam room.