The Steam Room or Sauna is available for uses on a casual, Gym & Swim Membership or Multi-Visit Swim Pass basis.
Usage of the Steam Room or Sauna is restricted to persons aged 16 and over. Full conditions of use for the Steam Room and Sauna are available below and displayed upon entering the Steam Room and Sauna.
Casual sessions are available at the front desk with no booking required.
Please note you will be required to make a swim booking at the front desk or online if you would like to use the pools.
Please see prices for options.
Steam and Sauna | Terms and Conditions | Conditions of Entry
HEALTH & HYGIENE
- Stay home if you have symptoms of COVID-19 and seek testing
- Cover coughs and sneezes with your elbow (not your hands)
- Wash/sanitise your hands regularly
- Please observe 1.5m physical distancing at all times
- Shower before entering the pool after using the sauna/steam room
- The use of a towel is required at all times
- Hot weather policy: The steam room and sauna is closed when the temperature for Oaklands Park is 35 Degrees Celsius or higher (Bureau of Meteorology).
- For your safety, please follow the instructions from Centre Staff at all times
- All persons use the sauna/steam room at their own risk
- Please ensure you take a break after 20 minutes in the Steam Room or Sauna
- Drink enough water to stay hydrated
- Usage of the sauna/steam room is restricted to persons age 16 & over
- The following individuals should not use the sauna/steam room:
- pregnant women
- persons with heart conditions or ailments
- persons under the influence of alcohol, drugs or medication
- persons with any condition that could predispose them to further aggravation of their pre-existing condition or injury
PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES AND ITEMS
- Use of any oils or creams is prohibited
- Shaving of any hair is not permitted
- Any form of exercise is prohibited in the sauna/steam room
- The use of cameras, video recorders & smart phones is prohibited
- Abusive, disruptive, aggressive, or offensive behaviour and language is not permitted
- Do not pour any liquids or oils on the equipment
- Appropriate bathing attire is to be worn at all times:
- Underwear and lingerie are strictly prohibited
- Nudity is strictly prohibited
- Articles of clothing such as street wear, cut-off jeans, t-shirts, bike-pants, leotards, casual wear and sporting wear are strictly prohibited
- Only recognised swimwear, made from lycra and nylon is to be worn in the steam room and sauna
Please be considerate of other patrons using the sauna/steam room.