There is one Steam Room and one Sauna at the SA Aquatic & Leisure Centre.
At the current time Steam Room and Sauna access is only available for Gym & Swim Members who have made a prior booking online.
Steam Room and Sauna bookings commence on the hour, with users required to exit prior to the next hour commencing.
Your booking provides you access to both the Steam Room and Sauna. Please check-in at front desk prior to your session and collect your wristband, to be worn at all times in the Steam Room and Sauna.
Please ensure you take a break after 20 minutes in the Steam Room or Sauna.
Steam and Sauna Times
|Monday to Friday – 6am to 3pm AND 6pm to 8pm
Saturday – 6am to 8am AND 3pm to 5pm
Sunday – 7am to 8am AND 3pm to 5pm
Steam and Sauna Booking Terms and Conditions
Please read the following terms and conditions before you make a Sauna and Steam Room booking.
1. Sauna and Steam Room Bookings are available for members who hold an active Gym & Swim Membership only.
2. Pre-bookings are essential.
3. We recommend each individual makes a booking for no more than one session per day to maximum of 3 bookings per week. This is to allow many people in our membership community to access the facility.
4. We recommend booking no earlier than 48 hours prior to the session commencing. Bookings can be made anytime for the next available time frame.
5. Patrons are to bring own water bottles. No other food or drink is permitted into the SA Aquatic & Leisure Centre.
6. For contact tracing purposes and for traffic flow and social distancing purposes visitors and members, who are attending the Centre for the Steam Room and Sauna, must pre-book, providing their contact details upon booking. Members must also bring their access card or wristband to scan at the Centre on entry.
Social distancing, safety, health and hygiene
7. The patron is responsible for adhering to social distancing, health and hygiene guidelines:
a. Always keep a 1.5 metre distance between yourself and others. Rooms are shared - a maximum of 6 people for the Steam Room and Sauna per hour is observed.
b. Adhere to assigned entry and exit points
c. Shower before entering the pools
d. Stay home, do not attend your booked session and seek testing if you have the following symptoms:
ii. Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
iv. Unexplained loss of smell or altered sense of taste
v. Chills and body aches or muscle pain
vi. A sore throat
viii. Runny nose
e. Wash your hands often and cover coughs and sneezes
8.The patron must adhere to the standard Conditions of Entry to the SA Aquatic & Leisure Centre (view them here).
Steam Room and Sauna Procedures
9. Please arrive at the Centre entry 5 minutes prior to your session commencing.
10. The Steam Room & Sauna have a maximum capacity of FOUR people (total combined capacity of both rooms).
11. Bookings commence on the hour. Do not enter the Steam Room or Sauna until your pre-booked time. Patrons must depart the Steam or Sauna Room prior to the next hour commencing.
12. Please ensure you take a break after 20 minutes in the Steam Room or Sauna.
13. Late arrivals must swim within their booking hour and cannot carry over into the next hour.
14. Wristbands must be worn at all times while in the Steam Room & Sauna.
15. The patron must adhere to the Conditions of Entry to the Steam Room and Sauna available on the door of the Steam Room and Sauna.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can use the Sauna and Steam Room?
At this time, the Steam Room and Sauna are available for members only who must pre-book their session online.
How many people can use the Sauna and Steam Room at one time?
Due to the enclosed space and to provide sufficient physical distancing there is a maximum of 6 people between the Steam Room and Sauna. These six people can move between the two rooms.
Why are bookings only available on the hour?
We understand members like to use both facilities during their visit to the Centre. The maximum time which can be spent in either area is 20 minutes. Please ensure you take a break after 20 minutes. Steam Room and Sauna bookings commence on the hour, with users required to exit prior to the next hour commencing.
Can I use the pool to refresh during my session?
All pool usage must be pre-booked online. Please do not enter pools at any time unless you have pre-booked your pool session. Please ensure you shower before entering the Pools if you have a pool booking following a Steam Room and Sauna booking. Pool deck showers will now be available in the Leisure Area.
Why can’t casual users book the Sauna and Steam room?
Due to restrictions, room capacities and our commitment to re-introducing services responsibly the Sauna and Steam room is currently only available as included in Gym & Swim Memberships.
Are there restrictions on what I can do in either room?
Conditions of entry to this area will apply. Please read the Steam and Sauna Conditions of entry on the Steam and Sauna doors.
Can I use the facility if I am feeling unwell
We ask if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 (as described in our Steam Room and Sauna Booking T&Cs) to get tested and stay home.
GYM & SWIM MEMBERSHIPS