We offer over 130 classes throughout the week including Pilates, Cycle, Yoga, HIIT Style Classes, Les Mills Classes and Meditation.
Members and non-members are welcome to participate in group fitness classes.
Classes are sorted and booked by the studio/area.
For help with booking in your class please refer to "how to book below".
Event Notice - 2021 Australian Swimming trials. From 9 June to 18 June there will be some changes to Group Fitness Classes. Some classes may not be available. However, others may be moved to a different room. Read more about the Event and Centre operations, download the Group Fitness timetable or view and book into your class below.
Group Fitness Class Descriptions
Classes in the category are low-impact and use minimal equipment. Relax and unwind with a Yoga class or improve your mobility with a Pilates class.
Les Mills Body Balance
Les Mills Body Balance, will focus on controlled breathing and concentration, combines Yoga, Pilates and Tai Chi to create a holistic workout that brings the body and mind into a state of harmony and balance.
Flex, Sculpt and Tone
Exercises in this class will give your muscles lean strength and stability in order to improve your mobility - your range of motion. Improving your balance is also a feature in this class. Tone and sculpt your body, targeting your glutes, back, arms, legs and core. By the time you finish you will long, lean and toned.
A slow paced, gentle style of Yoga that is good for any level. It will help relieve stress and leave you feeling strong and re-energised.
Our Mindful Bliss session allows participants to relax, recharge and refocus, using the principles of mindfulness and breath work, enhancing body, mind and soul for clarity and wellbeing.
Pilates focuses on control and on engaging the deeper abdominal muscles that protect the lower back. Many of the moves additionally concentrate the mind by using balance and co-origination challenges.
Ideal for everyone who enjoys Body Balance and is wishing to take it to the next step with Power Body Balance. You’ll strengthen your entire body, improve flexibility, and leave the class feeling calm and centred.
A balance of stretching and strengthening postures that aim to leave you feeling strong, centred and re-energised, while improving posture, alignment and relieving tension and stress.
Dance - stretch - relax. VeraFlow is a dance-based stretch class with mindfulness. Dance, Stretch and find your true flow in this class like none other you have ever experienced. Take time out of your day to move your body, get a clear head to get focused on the here and now. You’ll like feeling like you’ve had a full body massage, your muscles feeling strengthened yet relaxed.
Vinyasa yoga is an approach to yoga in which you move from one pose directly into the next. Vinyasa is a style of yoga characterized by stringing postures together so that you move from one to another, seamlessly, using breath.
A flowing practice connecting breath and movement. Designed to increase strength, endurance, and flexibility. Options provided for beginner and intermediate levels.
Yoga for Stress Relief
This gentle yoga session has been put together using postures, breathing and meditation practices, that will help relieve stress at physical, mental and emotional level. Pregnancy welcome.
Cardio classes include a variety of exercises to get you moving and your heart rate pumping.
Body Weight Conditioning
Cardio and Conditioning class that incorporates your body weight for a full range of exercises including push ups, sits ups, squats, lunges, sprints, and jumps.
Les Mills Body Attack
This high-energy interval training class combines aerobic movements with strength and stabilisation exercise. Dynamic instructors and music motivates everyone towards their fitness goals.
Zumba is a fitness program that combines Latin and international music with dance moves. Zumba routines incorporate intermittent training, alternating fast and slow rhythms and resistance training.
Strength and Tone Classes
These classes use a range of resistance, free weight or small weight equipment with a combination of exercise to strengthen and tone your muscles.
Les Mills Body Pump
Challenges all your major muscle groups by using the best weight room exercises like squats, presses, lifts and curls. Great music and your choice of weight to inspire you to get results you came for.
Butts, Thighs and Tummies
Combination of free weight, small weights and band class to attack the lower body, targeting those problem areas the glutes, thighs and tummy.
Functional Full Body Circuit
A functional strength workout that focuses on working your whole body. Mixed circuit of strength, body weight and cardio exercises.
Lower Body Blast
Packed with sculpting and toning exercises to target the glutes, thighs and core. Blast the lower body with squats, bridges, kicks, lunges and so much more.
A light paced class using hand weights and barbells, designed to strengthen and tone participants, mixed with gentle cardio to lift the heart rate with everyone able to work at their own level. It’s fun and very social.
Reformer classes are 45 minutes and a fantastic way to improve strength and flexibility whilst having fun. Using the Pilates Reformer machine you will work on balance, alignment, core strength and muscle tone. The Reformer machine adjusts to suit your individual strength and flexibility. Beginners welcome.
Total Body Strength
This workout will strengthen every part of your body and leave you burning calories for the rest of the day.
Total Body Sculpt
This full body sculpt workout is jam packed with effective, total body sequences to make you feel strong and motivated. Using combination of weight, benches, bands and bodyweight exercises.
Total Body Bands
This class combines resistance and micro bands, focusing working the entire body, with strength, balance and resistance, it is a technique-based class that will definitely be an enjoyable experience.
Total Upper Body Burn
This class is an upper body strength workout to help sculpt those key areas of biceps, triceps, back, chest and shoulders, using a combination of body weight, bands and light weights.
Join us in our stylish and modern Cycle Studio to get you peddling on our spin bikes with a great cardio workout.
Experience a unique workout that simulates the real-life cycling feel of an outdoor bike in a controlled, hard-pedalling indoor environment. Adjust resistance levels in continuous increments and you’ll burn calories while feeling like you’re riding through rolling hills.
These freestyle spin classes are set to test your fitness using intervals, power climbs and other means. These classes will push you to new limits every time.
This is freestyle Spin class that will take you cycling to the next level. Get ready to be pushed to your limits with Power climbs, intervals with little rest, are you ready for a Power Spin workout.
Les Mills RPM
Take on the terrain with your inspiring team coach who leads the pack through hills, flats, mountain peaks, speed work and interval training. Discover your athlete within – cycle, sweat and burn to reach your endorphin high.
HIIT Style Classes
Join us for HIIT style classes in the EPIC series and ULTIMATE series. These classes feature a range of interval training including HIIT or Tabata and will combine this with other exercise formats including AMRAPS, ladders and circuits.
The interval training component of the classes in this category will include alternating short phases of intense exercise with each of these phases followed by a less intense recovery phases.
Functional, cardio and plyometric session that aims to maximise your effect level over an extended 45 minute duration. Push your limits using a bodyweight and cardio exercises. EPIC45 will have you burning fat, building lean muscle and will take your fitness and strength to a new level. Get ready for an EPIC workout.
Functional, cardio, plyometric and strength session, designed to improve your strength and cardiovascular fitness, and build lean muscle. This class uses weight plates, step and bodyweight exercises. EPIC45 will have you burning fat, building lean muscle and will take your fitness and strength to a new level. Get ready for an EPIC workout.
Ultimate Cardio Sculpt
Elevate your heart rate and sculpt your body from head to toe. You will be revving up your body with a metabolic boost so you’ll be burning calories throughout the day.
Ultimate Body Burnout
Get your body moving and endorphins flowing. This Intermediate workout is designed to maximize your time and caloric burn. It’s a super effective workout that will leave you feeling strong and energized.
Ultimate Body Strength
Strengthen and sculpt your full body with dumbbells, and barbell exercises as well as cardio blasts to keep your heart rate up and calories burn.
Ultimate Body Power
Functional, cardio, plyometric and strength session, designed to improve your strength and cardiovascular fitness, and build lean muscle. This class uses weight plates, step and bodyweight exercises. This class will have you burning fat, building lean muscle and will take your fitness and strength to new levels.
Ultimate Step Power
Step Conditioning expect a mixture of cardio and conditioning exercising using a step, with option of weight, exercises will include step ups, lunges, squats, and jumps. Combining in some weight plates, push ups, and burpees, making a full body workout.
Low impact classes held in deep or shallow water that provides a natural resistance workout for your whole body.
Aqua Shallow and Aqua Deep
From the basic stage for beginners, to the highly advanced stage for experts there are a variety of programs, involving the use of upper and lower body. The goal of Aqua is to augment the cardiovascular conditioning. The resistance of water gives strength and flexibility, leading to better muscular endurance and balance.
Workout in the water with a blend of low impact exercises that aim to promote cardiorespiratory fitness, strength, mobility, and wellness.
Using a 45 minute workout which consists of short, high intensity bursts of exercises, followed by active recovery. HIIT Training in the water generates cardio.
Using a 45 minute workout which consists of short, cardio bursts of exercises, followed by active recovery. Intense training in the water generates cardio.
The same as Zumba but in the water! It is a fun as it sounds. Splashing, singing, laughing and fun so you are sure to leave with a smile on your face.
It is a fun as it sounds. Splashing, singing, laughing and fun so you are sure to leave with a smile on your face.
Kick, Splash, Jab
Kick, Splash and Jab your way in this high energy water class, that combines traditional boxing moves and high intensity interval training. This will increase fitness, strengthen the core, improve endurance and burn calories.
Aqua Total Body Strength
Fun and Fitness this class will take your AQUA workout to the next level. A fun, but tough water workout to strengthen and tone.
Aqua Tabata Gymsticks
Using the water as resistance and resistive exercise bands, Tabata Gymsticks will provide a high intensity interval training cardio workout that also targets muscular strength and endurance. It is also a great core muscle engaging workout that will tone and define every muscle in your body.
Deep Water Running
Deep water running is impact-free training that avoids the strain placed on your body by your feet hitting the ground. Submerged in the water you will have resistance on all sides. This focuses opposing muscles to work equally. As you move your arms and legs against the resistance of the water you will get a great cardiovascular, as well as, strength training workout.
How to book
Bookings open three days prior to the class date. If you cannot see your class on the booking form, it may be fully booked or not open yet.
- Either select the book now button for the corresponding studio/area or select your class on the timetable viewer.
- The booking form will open with booking types. Select your booking type:
- Active Member (Gym & Swim Memberships)
- Casual Visitor & Suspended Members
- Aqua Multi Visit Pass (Aqua Classes only)
- Fitness Passport Holders
- Select the blue button "Check Availability" to display available options for the selected studio/area.
- Select the day you would like to book. Available class times will display for this date.
- Select your time of the class you would like to book. When you select the time the class name, instructor and duration of class will display.
- Select the blue button "Book Now"
- Complete your details, read and check the disclaimer if you agree.
- If you have selected Casual Visitors & Suspended Members, you will be directed to the checkout for payment details and then to pay and confirm.
- Select the blue button “Confirm”.
- Check your email for confirmation that you have booked.
How to cancel
Can't make your booked class?
If you cannot make your booked class anymore, please ensure that you cancel to allow someone else, who may be waiting to book in for the class, the opportunity to do so.
To cancel your booking:
- Open your booking confirmation email
- Select the "manage booking" option.
- Select "cancel booking".
Casual participants - please note that there are no refunds for bookings. Your class can be changed to another class via the confirmation email's "manage booking" option.
Group Fitness Terms and Conditions
Patrons are required to COVID-SAfe Check-in by using the free mySA Gov App for South Australian Government contact tracing purposes under the Public Activities Direction.
If you do not have a compatible smartphone, a paper record will be available for you to provide your details. Patrons are required to have the confirmation green tick ready to show staff after they have scanned the Centre's QR Code. If you choose not to provide your details, you may be refused entry.
Please read the following terms and conditions before you make a Group Fitness Class booking.
1. You can make an online booking under the category of Group Fitness Studio Bookings, Cycle Studio Bookings, Wellness Room Bookings or Aqua Bookings.
2. On-line bookings are required prior to arrival. To avoid contact, we will not accept payments at the Centre.
3. You must be at least 16 years of age to participate in Group Fitness Classes in the Gym. Existing members who are at least 13-15 years of age AND have completed a Gym Personal Program (Induction) may use the Gym. Some classes are only available for individuals aged 16 years and over, as indicated “Ages 16 +” on the timetable.
4. Refunds are not available.
5. Reschedules can only be made to any existing booking no more than one-hour prior to the session commencing.
6. Please cancel your booking with as much notice as possible - preferably 12 hours – if you cannot attend. Your booking can be cancelled via the “manage booking" option in your confirmation email.
7. Where possible, bookings for classes will open 5 days in advance (eg Sunday classes open on a Tuesday).
8. SA Aquatic & Leisure Centre takes no responsibility for storing any personal belongings brought into the Gym.
9. Patrons should bring own water bottles. As per SA Health Guidelines all water fountains are currently turned off.
10. No fans are available for use in the Gym and Group Fitness Studios due to SA Health Guidelines
Social distancing, safety, health and hygiene
11. The patron is responsible for adhering to social distancing, health and hygiene guidelines:
a. Always keep a 1.5 metre distance between yourself and others.
b. Adhere to assigned entry and exit points
c. Stay home, do not attend your booked session and seek testing if you have the following symptoms:
ii. Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
iv. Unexplained loss of smell or altered sense of taste
v. Chills and body aches or muscle pain
vi. A sore throat
viii. Runny nose
d. Wash your hands often and cover coughs and sneezes
e. Shower with soap and water at home before arriving
f. Please wipe down equipment before and after use. Wipes will be provided in the Gym.
g. Instructors will give specific instructions as to which equipment to use, along with how and when to clean it.
12.The patron must adhere to the standard Conditions of Entry to the SA Aquatic & Leisure Centre (view them here)
13. Vulnerable and elderly people with chronic health conditions should speak to their doctor about what is appropriate for them.
14. Bring a large towel to your workout. There is a strict "no towel, no train" policy.
Group Fitness Class Procedures
15. Please arrive at Main Entry 10 minutes prior to your session commencing.
16. The Group Fitness Class booking consists of one Group Fitness class in the facility, commencing at the scheduled time. Gym and Group Fitness staff will provide instructions on how to exit the Centre at the end of each session. Patrons must depart the Centre prior to the next session commencing.
17. It is recommended that patrons bring their own mats.
18. Casual users will be checked in at the Main Entry and then in the Group Fitness Class. Members will be checked in at the Group Fitness Class.
Please follow the above terms and conditions to avoid any restrictions on your future bookings.
Group Fitness Studio
Bookings open three days prior to the class date. If you cannot see your class on the booking form, it may be fully booked or not open yet.Book your Group Fitness Studio class
Bookings open three days prior to the class date. If you cannot see your class on the booking form, it may be fully booked or not open yet.Book your Wellness Room class
Aqua Deep Water Classes
On Monday 14 June there will be one MEGA class, Mega Winter Aqua, for 90 minutes with Ann and Katherine in shallow water. Join us for a special Aqua Group Fitness event.
Aqua Shallow Water Classes
*Temporary additional class for eventBook your Aqua Shallow Water class
*Temporary additional class for eventBook your Cycle Studio class
Outdoor Grass Area
Group Fitness Guidelines
- Please arrive early to classes, late arrivals are not permitted to enter.
- Be prepared with your workout gear, towel and water bottle. Boxing gloves are not supplied.
- Be respectful and supportive of your fellow participants and our talented instructors.
- Be upfront with your instructor about any physical limitations or injuries you may have, especially if you're pregnant.
- Let the instructor know if it’s your first time in a fitness class.
- The minimum age to attend group fitness is 13 years old.
- The minimum age to attend classes marked with a “*” is 16 years old.
- If you need to leave early, do so in a way that won’t impact others or the flow of the class.
- Please wipe down your equipment and put it away after the class.
Group Fitness Prices
Members All Group Fitness Classes are included Non-members $15.00 per class