Conditions of Entry
Conditions of EntryFor the safety and comfort of ALL users of the SA Aquatic & Leisure Centre, please ensure to observe all prohibition and warning signs.Conditions of entry are subject to change without notice. Management reserves the right to refuse entry. Refusal to comply with these conditions of entry may result in the removal of the offender from the Centre.
Entry to the facility is only permitted to patrons who agree to have any bag and/or articles of clothing searched on entry and continued presence in the facility is only permitted to patrons who agree to have any bags and/or articles of clothing searched at any time.
- This is a non-smoking venue.
- Management reserves the right to refuse entry.
- Anyone attempting to gain entry without paying or without authorisation will be prosecuted.
- Members and guests are required to follow staff directions at all times. Failure to do so may result in eviction from the Centre.
- Abusive, disruptive, aggressive or offensive behaviour and language is not permitted.
- Any person under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted into the Centre.
- The Centre accepts no responsibility for any loss of, or damage to any personal belongings or property of members or guests while in the Centre or multi-level car park.
- No pets or animals permitted in the Centre, with the exception of Guide Dogs, Hearing Dogs and Assistance Dogs.
EQUIPMENT & ITEMS NOT PERMITTED
Management reserves the right to inspect any bag and/or articles of clothing for the following prohibited items:
- Alcohol & Drugs - Alcohol and drugs will not be tolerated in the Centre. Any person bringing in or under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted into the Centre. The
- Centre is a Dry & Drug Free Zone.
- Food & beverage - The Centre caters for food and beverage requirements. Commercial fast food is not permitted. These include but is not limited to i.e. McDonalds, KFC, Subway etc.
- Cans and glass - Cans, glass bottles and articles of clothing containing glass or sharp objects are not permitted.
- Sharp objects, knives and weapons - Any weapon on the prohibited list as listed by the South Australian Police. NOTE Religious or Ceremonial items/weapons need to be declared
- and potentially checked in at reception. The aim is not to discriminate but to ensure safety of all in a public space.
- Whistles and musical instruments
- Fireworks, flares and laser lights
OTHER EQUIPMENT & MATERIALS NOT PERMITTED
- Unauthorised temporary signage and promotional products
- Chairs and stools
- Rollerblades, skateboards, scooters and bicycles
- Any cooking device or associated flammable materials
- Helium balloons
BYO - BRING YOUR OWN PRIVATE PARTIES ARE NOT PERMITTED
The SA Aquatic & Leisure Centre does not accommodate BYO Private Parties. We do however offer hosting and catering as a service and have various party and menu options to choose from. Please enquire at reception for more information.
POOL USE CONDITIONS
- Please observe pool safety rules and signage at all times.
- Please shower before entering the water.
- Please do not use shampoo or soap in the showers on pool decks.
CHILD SUPERVISION POLICY
- At all times, children under the age of 5 must wear a Pink wrist band and be within arms reach of a parent or responsible person who is over the age of 16.
- At all times, children under the age of 10 must wear a Yellow wrist band and be accompanied and supervised by a parent or responsible person who is over the age of 16.
- Parents or responsible persons who are distracted by electronic or mobile devices may be spoken to by management.
- SA Aquatic & Leisure Centre will enforce a “Watch Around Water” policy.
PHOTOGRAPHY & CAMERA USE CONDITIONS
We welcome the capturing of your magic moments on camera and video provided that the privacy of other members and guests is respected. The use of cameras, video recorders and smart phones within the Centre is conditional upon the following:
You must have all relevant individuals consent to take, use or broadcast their images as it is illegal to broadcast or publish images without consent.
Under no circumstances are cameras, video recorders or smart phones to be used in change rooms or steam and sauna rooms.
Members from the MEDIA are required to sign the attendance register at the customer service desk before entering the Centre. It is the responsibility of the MEDIA to obtain consent or permission from relevant members and guests to capture, publish or broadcast images or video sourced from within the Centre.
The user/hirer must indemnify and keep indemnified and hold harmless the SA Aquatic & Leisure Centre management from and against all actions, claims, penalties, demands, costs, expenses or damages in any way related to any act or omission of SA Aquatic & Leisure Centre management or of any persons acting on behalf of the SA Aquatic & Leisure management in respect to the use of services and facilities at the Centre.
Terms and Conditions
Safeguarding Children and Young People
At YMCA Victoria we are committed to providing a safe environment for all children and young people. Read our Safeguarding Children and Young People Policy.
Occupational Health and Safety policy
We recognise our legal, ethical and moral responsibilities to prevent work related injury and illness. The YMCA is committed to providing safe places of work that do not place the health and safety of any person at risk. Read our Occupational Health & Safety policy.
YMCA Victoria is committed to building a thriving, prosperous, safe and sustainable Y. This includes a specific commitment to minimize our environmental impact and advocate for healthier environments.
YMCA Victoria acknowledges the importance of protecting the environment in a sustainable manner to help reduce any detrimental impact its operations and activities might have. YMCA is committed to ensuring this through the development, implementation and maintenance of an Environmental Management System, based on the international ISO14001 Standard. Read our Environmental Policy.