School swimming lessonsWe provide programs suitable for primary or secondary school students. In a practical environment students will develop physical skills, knowledge and understanding of a range of aquatic situations and participate in essential water safety and survival skills education.
Classes are usually run in the following format:
- Children are assessed at the start of the program and placed in their correct group for the duration of the program
- The program runs for approximately 10 weeks during the school term
- Classes run once a week for 45 - 90 minutes
- Classes have a teacher to student ratio of 1:10
We can tailor a program suitable for your school's needs. Contact the centre on (08) 8198 0198 to find out more.
School swimming carnivals
SA Aquatic & Leisure Centre hosts school swimming carnivals in both the 25 metre and 50 metre pools. Our high quality competition hall seats 4,500 and includes proficient timing equipment, plus it can be tailored to suit your individual carnival.
School AquaSplash provides up to four hours of aquatic fun and activities for children aged five to 18. Perfect as a reward or end of term activity for classes or whole schools.
The following activities are available:
- Inflatable water slide (10+ years only)
- Outdoor water slides (10+ years only)
- Giant inflatable obstacle courses (10+ years only)
- Splash park with big bucket
- Diving boards
- Aqua volleyball
Aquatic Adventures offers two hours of fun while encouraging students to participate in new aquatic activities. The program offers up to four stations which may include flippa ball, water polo, aquatic games, relay races, our very own splash park featuring the big bucket, diving boards, inflatables and water slides. Age and ability dependant.
Active Schools offers a variety of fun, energetic and educational sessions across our pool and health club facilities which can be added to your school PE program. Choose from a range of activities that the children can participate in once a week for five, seven or nine weeks of the term, including:
- Stroke correction - improves students strokes and allows them to become more efficient in the water
- Commando Kids - a dry boot camp for children using our obstacle course equipment, ropes, hoops and sandbags (tough workout which also incorporates popular games)
- Aqua Fitness - ranges from Aqua Aerobics to Aqua Bootcamp, sessions can be run in either shallow or deep pools
- Zumba - these exercise classes are “fitness-parties” that blend upbeat world rhythms with easy-to-follow choreography and a whole lot of fun
- SH’BAM - these exercise classes are set to a soundtrack of chart-topping popular hits, familiar classics and remixed and modernised Latin beats.
School Aquatic Safety Days
A 90 minute program covering survival strokes, signalling for help, capsized vessel scenarios, treading water, lifesaving sculling, removal of clothing in water or clothed swimming, CPR and life survival skills.
|At SA Aquatic & Leisure Centre we support and encourage healthy eating. That's why in conjunction with OPAL (Obesity Prevention and Lifestyle) we have developed a range of “green” dot category school lunch meals to enhance any school activity at the centre. Pre-order your healthy school lunches for a hassle free lunch break. Choose from wraps or sandwiches with a variety of fillings, a piece of seasonal fruit and juice or water.
Bookings and enquires
|For all bookings and enquires, please contact the centre on (08) 8198 0198.
We're committed to providing access to all students
|If you have a student in financial hardship, YMCA can provide subsidised access to the program.|